Assurant Flood Solutions
Assurant was originally founded to offer disability insurance in 1892. The company offers an extensive line of personal property insurance. Consumers can either purchase NFIP insurance through Assurant or an alternative to government-backed insurance. They also sell excess flood insurance.
- Online tools: Assurant’s website has several tools that allow consumers to learn about flood risks and costs. These tools can help those who live in low- to moderate-risk areas determine whether they should purchase flood insurance.
- Local agents: Interested consumers can contact Assurant to get the information for a local independent insurance agent. If there is not an affiliated agent in their area, Assurant can set up policies over the phone.
- Additional coverage: Consumers who want coverage above the NFIP cap can purchase excess flood insurance from Assurant. The company also offers flood insurance that serves as an alternative to NFIP underwritten insurance.
- Financial strength: The major financial rating organizations have given Assurant high rankings for financial strength.
- Best for: Assurant is best for those who want excess flood insurance or want flood insurance that isn’t through the NFIP.
Be the first to leave a review.